Wednesday 6 April 2011

6- What have toy learnt about technologies from the process of constucting this product?

Throughout the project we have been introduced to more technology such as the final cut programme, the Mac computers, the JVC video cameras. You tube uploading, and itunes.

Camera

The JVC camcorders that the school issued us to use for our projects where excellent and I really enjoyed using them I had knowledge of how to use it from the preliminary task, but the fact that it was so simple made it a breeze to use.
I did find it annoying that you had to use a memory card as there was quite a few times I went out to film and completely forgot it, and with there being no internal memory on the camera meant a lot of wasted time and trips. They charged up really quickly to, I found that they were light enough to carry around with ease but produced great quality of footage


Final Cut Express
When final cut was first introduced to me I had absolutely no idea what it was I’ve never really spent very much time on Macs and this whole programme was completely new to me,
I downloaded the Manual of how to operate final cut
And did read through it as much as I could
I also asked friends of mine that had Macs or where familiar with the final cut system

I think It was my downfall it was easy enough to film the film but to actually upload it onto the computer was a challenge in itself it took nearly a week for me to upload cut and rename all my film files and then trying to work out how to categorize them was really hard.
 I had absolutely no knowledge of how to use a Mac and did get extremely frustrated with them.

Whereas other people where confident with using the system of final cut, and were busy editing away. Even completing the simplest tasks like dragging the film onto the lines was a challenge. I lost count of the amount of times that I restarted the film or lost it or deleted it.
With a bit of patience and guidance it did start to stick after a while of me observing how other people were achieving everything. But my film was very slow to develop.

After all that time, I am now pretty confident with using Final Cut I’m definitely not an expert and would be useless to help anybody but I have managed to complete my film in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment