Wednesday 6 April 2011

5- How did you attract/address your audience?


Firstly, I ensured that I knew who my target audience was. Then, I thought about the different issues that would interest them. Looking back on it now I wish I did something like a quiz as I think it would give a more accurate insight to what attracts people to the particular genre that I have chosen
I used protagonists similar in age to my preferred audience, ensuring that the film is easier to relate to, and therefore it would be more enjoyable to for the audience to watch.

Through Genre

I thought that a physiological thriller would attract my audience as it something that you can just watch you don’t have to be in specific mood to watch it. I think psychological thrillers can be quite addictive and I am aiming it at and age range of audience that could appreciate this sort of film

Characters

I wanted to address both the Male and Female at some point both gender will be able to relate to certain situations and by having a characters that could be easily to relate to. There isn’t an age range on the actors as If I were to continuing filming there would be input from actors of all ages but these two are the main ones that we follow which are roughly the same ages as my target audience.

Editing

The editing works quite well in this and it is quite subtle, as I have tried to keep things a natural as possible, to give it more of a realistic effect. I have edited ‘Fred’ to shake his head to Dizzee Rascal- Bonkers. This is quite comical and I wish I paid more attention to detail as I think I could have made it look a lot more successful than what I have now, It is the only music that I have added to the film. The music is cued on and off, Starting as he pulls in under the bridge which is suggesting that he was listening to it on the way down as we follow him but as he is in a tunnel its easier to hear, it is lightly introduced in and then faded out on cue as he shuts the door of his truck

Props

By using the gas mask I found that I was quite unique and attractive, the stereotypical use of weapons are always intriguing for a viewer

Location

I think it’s the location that makes it most attractive, as it is in a really secluded unique spot, it a place that is realistic as it is real but it shows that it could be anyway. My location was extremely important so I achieve the look that I wanted for my film. The fact that the bunker is used makes it really unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment