Wednesday 6 April 2011

3- What kind of media institutions might distribute your media product and why?

3.

As my media product is film based, a media institution that may distribute my film would be a film production company.
They would be in control of creation and progression with the production of my film this involves filming and editing of the film. As I have focused on Psychological thriller for the genre a production company that has experience and is well known for producing films relating to that particular genre would be most successful, for example

Optimum releasing is a successful film distributor company working in the UK. The company releases many films, but is best known for its Anime releases and foreign language films.
They release over 200 films a year and are one of the most prominent distributors in the UK.
Optimum Releasing produced Dead Mans Shoes which one of the big influences to my inspiration to my film it was by watching that I decided that I would produce a psychological thriller as that is what Dead Mans Shoes genre is classified as.


Another possible media institution would be a television broadcaster If my film could be shown on TV. It would allow are far larger variety of audience to view it.
This allows people to watch my film in the comfort of their own home, no expense spared as if it was on the movie channels say on Virgin Media it would be an option to view. It could also be shown on a public service broadcaster such as Channel 4, It wouldn’t be so suitable for something like the BBC as it doesn’t often show films, which are as violent and influential as mine. Channel 4 on the other hand allows most things after the watershed time, and my target audience are popular viewers of later night Channel 4.


It being a viewable options on the TV is a lot more convenient for the audience, and due to convergence of other technologies it would also be accessible online on sites such as You tube and Vimeo. This would allow Internet surfers to be able to access the film. In association to my media product, they could be used in advertising the film across to a wider audience, which would promote it. By it being distributed on the internet would allow access from other platforms via Wifi, such as the Xbox and IPods, this ease of access would mean the audience could be anyone


No comments:

Post a Comment